Austin Spray foam insulation is one of the most technologically advanced insulation system available today. SPF, or Spray Polyurethane Foam is a two-component liquid that is heated, pressurized, and delivered from our truck to your home through a 300+ foot hose assembly, terminating in a mixing gun.
The two components are applied as liquid in the cavity which quickly swells up to 100 times its volume to form a polyurethane foam insulation. SPF has the following advantages over most other types of insulation commercially available on the market today:
- Spray Foam Insulation can reduce heating and cooling costs by as much as 60%
- Spray Foam Insulation expands to fill tiny, hole, and penetrations around pipes, wiring, and ducts.
- Spray Foam Insulation reduces dust accumulation and improves overall indoor air quality.
- Spray Foam Insulation is excellent for sound deadening and reducing transmission of noise between floors, through walls, or from any room/ part of the building to another.
- Spray Foam Insulation is naturally water, mold, mildew and pest resistant & improves the overall indoor environment. SPF does not support the growth of mold and prevents condensation in the building assembly, which leads to mold and mildew.
- Spray Foam Insulation is great for new construction and old construction /retrofits.
- Spray Foam Insulation prevents ice dams on your roof because it doesn’t allow warm air to melt the bottom layer of the snow sitting on your roof and at the eaves, which typically results in a water backup which finds penetrations in the roof structure and leads to catastrophic leaks. Water damage, and mold
- Spray Foam Insulation has an excellent return on investment of all energy improvements. An SPF application typically pays for itself in reduced heating and cooling costs, in a period of 2-5 years, and as low as >1 year with state, federal and utility company rebates.
- Spray Foam Insulation is inert and non-toxic. It does not emit significant levels of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Spray Foam Insulation does not settle or degrade over time, even if it gets wet.
- Spray Foam Insulation is the only insulation system approved for un-vented attic assemblies. See our resources page for more on this.
- Spray Foam Insulation is critical in reducing your home’s air leakage and reduces greenhouse gas emissions and your resulting carbon footprint.
- Spray Foam Insulation is code approved by the ICC (International Code Council) and the NJ UCC (Uniform Construction Code)
- Spray Foam Insulation has a myriad of uses, including but not limited to the following:
- Air sealing
- Foundation waterproofing
- Noise/ sound control
- Marine flotation
- Duct insulation & sealant
- Commercial refrigeration application
- Structural reinforcement
The spray polyurethane foam that ATX Radiant Barrier installs is energy star certified, and tax rebates and incentives are available, bringing down the cost of the installation and resulting in a faster return on investment.
The fact of the matter is that Spray Foam Insulation works, and it works better than any other insulation material on the market. Installing SPF insulation in your home or building will reduce your heating and cooling costs, and provide a durable, comfortable structure. While we believe there are a multitude of builders and contractors in business across the country, with widely varying opinions as to what is the best way to seal and insulate your building, ATX Radiant Barrier can explain all the air sealing and insulating options available to you and educate you on why SPF insulation is the right choice.